|Produced by||Subhash Ghai|
|Written by||Shiraz Ahmed|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Editing by||Hussain A. Burmawala|
|Distributed by||Sony Music|
|Release date(s)||November 12, 2004|
Aitraaz (Hindi: ऐतराज़, Urdu: اعتبار, translation: "Objection") is a 2004 Bollywood film starring Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. directed by Abbas-Mustan. The film is a remake of the Demi Moore-starrer Disclosure and was a average hit in India.
Aitraaz is a film about the seedy undergoings of a metropolitan Indian woman Sonia Roy (Priyanka Chopra), a hard working business man Raj Malhotra (Akshay Kumar) and his wife Priya Malhotra (Kareena Kapoor).
Raj and Sonia were in a previous relationship together but her ambitions caused their relationship to dissolve. Raj is now married to Priya and is expecting his first child. Raj is expecting a promotion as Chief Executive Officer in his cell-phone manufacturing organization owned by the chairman, Ranjit Roy (Amrish Puri). At a company meeting he meets Sonia and it is revealed to everyone that she is married to Ranjit Roy. She also happens to be the managing director of the company. She does not offer Raj the post he wants but instead makes him the director. Sonia constantly flirts with Raj and the situation gets even worse when she flirts with him in front of Priya.
Sonia makes a move on Raj when she tells him to come to her house. Raj rejects the request for sexual favours and she accuses him of attempted rape. He takes on the company and the nation in court as his wife battles it out for him.
- Akshay Kumar ... Raj Malhotra
- Kareena Kapoor ... Priya Saxena/Malhotra
- Priyanka Chopra ... Mrs. Sonia Roy
- Amrish Puri ... Ranjit Roy
- Paresh Rawal ... Advocate Patel
- Priyanka Chopra became the second woman to win the Filmfare Best Villain Award for her performance.
- Kareena Kapoor, who stars as Akshay Kumar's wife was first offered the role of Priyanka Chopra but turned it down because she felt that she had already played a villain in her previous release Fida (2004). Priyanka Chopra stole the show and received rave reviews for her performance from the audiences and critics.
- Some barrister's were angry because Chautrani drinks alcohol while in barrister's uniform.
- The movie has been inspired by the Michael Chrichton novel Disclosure.