Soldier (1998 film)
- This article is about the Bollywood movie. For alternate uses, see Soldier (disambiguation)
|Directed by||Abbas Burmawalla,
|Produced by||Kumar S Taurani,
Ramesh S Taurani
|Written by||Shyam Geol,
|Music by||Anu Malik|
|Distributed by||Tips Music Films|
|Release date(s)||November 20, 1998|
Captain Vijay Malhotra, attempted to defend himself when army officials intercept a truck-load of arms and ammunition being sold illicitly to gangsters by officers in the Indian army, he is found guilty and is shot down and killed.
A subsequent inquiry into this incident revealed that Vijay was indeed guilty of this offence. His dead body was stripped of all medals, and commendations, and left for cremation by his wife, Geeta, and a young son, Raju. The local villagers refused to permit Geeta from even cremating the body of a traitor, and left his body to rot in the hot desert climate.
Years later, a young man named Vicky seeks revenge for the people that were involved with the conviction of Vijay Malhotra. However nobody knows why he is killing people in defence of someone who was deemed a traitor.
The story tells who Vicky is and why he does what he does.
- Raakhee ... Geeta Malhotra
- Bobby Deol ... Vicky/Raju Malhotra
- Preity Zinta ... Preeti Singh
- Farida Jalal ... Shanti Sinha
- Johnny Lever ... Mohan/Sohan
- Suresh Oberoi ... Pratap Singh
- Dalip Tahil ... Virender Sinha
- Sharat Saxena ... Baldev Sinha
- This movie was technically Preity Zinta's debut. Mani Ratnam however cast her in his movie Dil Se which was released before Soldier and ended up being her debut.