Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic
|Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic|
Movie Poster for Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic
|Directed by||Kunal Kohli|
|Produced by||Aditya Chopra
|Written by||Kunal Kohli|
Saif Ali Khan
|Editing by||Amitabh Shukla|
|Distributed by||Yash Raj Films|
|Release date(s)||June 27, 2008|
Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic (English Translation: A Little Love, A Little Magic) is a Hindi film starring Saif Ali Khan and Rani Mukerji in lead roles, and with Rishi Kapoor and Amisha Patel in special appearances. The child stars include Akshat Chopra, Shriya Sharma, Rachit Sidana and Ayushi Berman. Directed, written and co-produced by Kunal Kohli, the film is produced and distributed by Aditya Chopra under Yash Raj Films.
Rani Mukerji sports one layered outfit designed by Manish Malhotra throughout the film while some layers have been taken off according to the requirements of each scene.
Kunal Kohli initially asked Amisha to lose weight for her role in the film. Reportedly, Kohli and Manish Malhotra spent hours to decide her look in the film wherein she dons a yellow bikini.
The movie opened in Canada on June 27, 2008 at 19th.
Ranbeer Talwar (Saif Ali Khan), one of the country's top industrialists, is a loner, not out of his free will but just because he lost everyone he ever loved. In a traffic accident he causes the death of the parents of four children; in a very unusual court verdict, the judge decides that he has to look after the four orphans, two boys and two girls.
The orphans hate him for causing their parents' death and want revenge. They do not want to live with him and make that quite evident, so their life together is very unhappy. One day they pray to God (Rishi Kapoor) for help and he does help them: he sends his most mischievous, childlike, lovable angel to the rescue, with a mission to bring Ranbeer and the kids together as a family.
Geeta (Rani Mukerji) comes cycling down a rainbow and bursts into Ranbeer's house as the self-proclaimed new nanny. She is taken in quite reluctantly by the kids and Ranbeer but with the help of some magic proves to be successful in her mission as one by one the kids warm up to Ranbeer. Also Geeta and Ranbeer fall in love with each other. Having succeeded in her mission, Geeta has to return to heaven and leaves the family. However, she wants to stay on Earth and return to the family, which she is at last allowed to do, and she reunites with the family who were sad about her departure.
- Saif Ali Khan ... Ranbeer Talwar
- Rani Mukerji ... Geeta
- Akshat Chopra ... Vashisht
- Shriya Sharma ... Aditi
- Rachit Sidana ... Iqbal
- Ayushi Berman ... Avantika
- Rishi Kapoor ... God (Special appearance)
- Amisha Patel ... Mallaika (Special appearance)
- Sharat Saxena ... Judge
- Razzak Khan ... Pappu
- Mahesh Thakur ... Lawyer
- Taranna Raja Kapoor ...
- Producer(s): Aditya Chopra, Kunal Kohli
- Director: Kunal Kohli
- Associate Producer: Vicky Bahri
- Story: Kunal Kohli
|Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic|
|Studio album by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Pyaar Ke Liye||Shankar Mahadevan||5:07||Picturised on Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji & the kids|
|Nihaal Ho Gayi||Shankar Mahadevan||4:11||Picturised on Saif Ali Khan & Rani Mukerji|
|Bulbula||Shankar Mahadevan & Sunidhi Chauhan||3:21||Picturised on Rani Mukerji|
|Lazy Lamhe||Anusha Mani||5:12||Picturised on Full Cast|
|Beetey Kal Se||Shreya Ghoshal & Sneha Suresh||4:56||Picturised on Rani Mukerji & the kids|
|Nihaal Ho Gayi (Remix) - DJ Aqeel||Shankar Mahadevan||3:51|
|Lazy Lamhe (Remix) - DJ Aqeel||Anusha Mani||5:58|
Reviews and reception
- The film opened to a decent collections at the box office however it picked up during the first weekend. However, it could not sustain business for long due to the release of another two new big movies the next weekend. The film however did get rave reviews. Noyon Jyoti Parasara of AOL India gave the movie 3 out of 5 saying, "The story brings out quite a few emotions. And this is helped by its simplicity."
- ^ "kunalkohliproductions.com". 4 child stars in Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic. Retrieved on April, 2008.
- ^ "indiafm.com". Rani is not quitting, shoots for Kunal Kohli's next. Retrieved on 3 September 2007.
- ^ "ndtvmovies.com". Last shooting schedule of Kunal Kohli's untitled film. Retrieved on 18 February 2008.
- ^ "Box Office", Tribute.ca (1 July 2008). Retrieved on 2008-07-17.
- ^ "www.aol.in/bollywood-story/thoda-pyaar-thoda-magic-movie-review/2008062706219019000001".